Monday, September 03, 2012

A Black Angel Came by the House Today

A black angel came by the house today.  She had walked to the store to purchase items needed at home.  As she walked by she spoke, "Can I tell you something?"  I stopped my yard cleaning chores and responded with a friendly, "Yes."

We met at the fence and connected with our eyes.  She said, My brother committed suicide today;  another brother will have life support removed this afternoon, and my mother is dying.  I sit with her during the day and my sister sits at night."

I held her hands across the fence.  We prayed, thanking God for life and grace and eternal care.  She said, "Thank you." and smiled and said, "I feel better now.  Something told me to stop by here today."

I asked her her name, "Zion," she said, "and I try to live up to what it means."

RLH  Spring 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home