Tuesday, September 04, 2012

A New Old White Man


A New Old White Man

 

I woke up this morning an old white man.

It is time to set my life under a new plan.

 

The time is past for making preperations for future paths.

I must proclaim the bridges I have built in my soul,

so that they will last.

 

Many others must cross the bridges built in my soul;

They must become a highway, the church on wheels can roll.

 

Into a new century of the Spirits work for justice;

A time when there is no longer we and they, but only us.

 

Things must no longer be the same;

We must move beyond racially induced shame.

 

We must learn to love and respect;

These are the bridges I have built in my soul,

That all must inspect.

 

RLH   June 1995

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home